Hmmm....one of these days I'll come up with a recipe corner in this blog, where links can just be clicked, and my tried and tested recipes can be seen there. But while I haven't completed that project yet (patience...people, I've just started this blog and it's still being developed as I write), let me share with you one of the simplest, easiest, but really yummy recipe of "Puto Mamon" (Rice Cake), which is a regular favorite in my house. Perfect with tea or coffee!
PUTO MAMON / RICE CAKE
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. water
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sugar
1. Separate yolk from white.
2. Cream salt yolk with salt and add sugar slowly until consumed.
3. In a separate bowl, combine milk and water, add flour and yolk/sugar mixture alternately.
4. Beat egg white and fold with the batter. Mix well.
5. Steam for 15- 20 minutes.
(Note: No need to grease muffin pan)
TIP (optional): Once done, spread butter on top and put grated cheese.
Enjoy! Happy snacking... =)