Anyone can feel pity towards someone, but not everyone can show compassion because this requires taking action. Go over the following facts we all need to know, then look within your heart and reflect on this question: When was the last time I genuinely cared for someone in need, who is outside the circle of my family and friends?
~ FACTS WE ALL NEED TO KNOW ~In the world:
* Every 3.5 seconds someone dies of hunger.
* Every 11 seconds someone dies of AIDS.
* Every 15 seconds a child dies from a waterborne illness.
* 40 million people are living with HIV/AIDS.
* 1 billion have no access to clean water.
* 2.6 billion live without basic sanitation.
* 5 million live in refugee camps.
* 1.08 billion live on $1 or less per day.
* 2 million children die each year from diseases that inexpensive vaccines could have prevented
* 11 million children die before they reach their 5th birthday. That's as if every child under five living in the United Kingdom, France, and Germany were to die in a single year.
* Enough food is produced to feed everyone.
Every year more than 16 million people - the equivalent of one hundred 747 jets crashing every day of the year - die from:
* Hunger 9,125,000
* HIV/AIDS 2,900,000
* Pneumonia 2,000,000
* Diarrhea 1,600,000
* Malaria 1,000,000
I have been actively involved with Reach Youth Ministries, Inc. for 19 years now. Reach Youth is an NGO that reaches out to street children and children in the in the depressed communities in key cities and country outskirts in the Philippines. Lately, in my own little way, I've also been supporting and upholding the cause to fight breast cancer by promoting the Breast Cancer Awareness Site. (You can find out more about these charities by clicking their banners on my left side-bar).
Nothing compares to the joy I get from being able to somehow help others who are in need. You can experience that joy too... pick a global organization that interests you. The needs are many and obvious. Your little contribution can save many lives... get involved TODAY!
Credits: Facts from SimpleTruths.com