Yesterday, my husband and I celebrated our 10th year wedding anniversary. Thank you Lord for those solid, beautiful 10 years!
Time flies so fast, it only seemed like yesterday when we walked down that aisle. So, as a tribute to my wonderful husband and to marriage itself, I've listed 10 things I love about being married...
1. Loving wholeheartedly and being loved and accepted the same way in return. Marrying my best friend is the best decision I've made in my life. I've become a better person because of him. I couldn't imagine spending this life without him by my side.
2. Complement and balance. Hubby and I complement each other and blend so well - I am quite an extrovert and outspoken while he is an introvert and soft-spoken. I am decisive (sometimes this has it disadvantages too), while he is very careful about making decisions. We are able to compromise and balance each other somehow.
3. Crying and laughing out loud together. Whether I'm crying because of a serious problem or just from plainly watching a sad drama, hubby is always there to give encouragement, comfort and care. May it be just by being silly with hubby - laughing at each other's funny antics, habits and jokes or from watching a funny movie, the best and memorable laughing moments I've had were with him.
4. Facing trials and and celebrating triumphs together. Burdens are lighter when carried with another person, and joy is sweeter when shared with your special someone.
5. Experiencing new things together. Whether it be traveling, moving to a new place, going for a spontaneous adventure or just a new food trip... experiencing new things with hubby makes it even more fun and memorable.
6. Backscratches and body massages. That "TLC" is the missing ingredient when you go to a spa, hubby's free service is still the best!
7. Understanding each other with just one look. Through the years, you get to know the other person so well and even without words, you know already what runs through his head just by seeing the look on his face.
8. Quiet moments. There are times when just each other's presence is all that's needed, just holding each other's hand and being in each other's arms in all silence is enough.
9. Growing old together. Learning from each other, embracing what life has to offer. Life is just more colorful, more exciting and has more meaning when shared with the most important person in your life.
10. Walking together in faith with God. The key to any successful marriage is having God at the very center of your relationship. Through the past ten years, we've seen how God has given us strength in overcoming whatever challenges that came along and He has faithfully provided for all of our needs. The love that my husband and I have for each other streams from the love we have experienced from God himself.
There's a lot more I can write, but I guess I'll just reserve the others for our 25th...50th...__th. Thanks for the 10 great years, baby! I love you!