10 Things I Love About Being Married

Yesterday, my husband and I celebrated our 10th year wedding anniversary. Thank you Lord for those solid, beautiful 10 years!

Time flies so fast, it only seemed like yesterday when we walked down that aisle. So, as a tribute to my wonderful husband and to marriage itself, I've listed 10 things I love about being married...

1. Loving wholeheartedly and being loved and accepted the same way in return. Marrying my best friend is the best decision I've made in my life. I've become a better person because of him. I couldn't imagine spending this life without him by my side.

2. Complement and balance. Hubby and I complement each other and blend so well - I am quite an extrovert and outspoken while he is an introvert and soft-spoken. I am decisive (sometimes this has it disadvantages too), while he is very careful about making decisions. We are able to compromise and balance each other somehow.

3. Crying and laughing out loud together. Whether I'm crying because of a serious problem or just from plainly watching a sad drama, hubby is always there to give encouragement, comfort and care. May it be just by being silly with hubby - laughing at each other's funny antics, habits and jokes or from watching a funny movie, the best and memorable laughing moments I've had were with him.

4. Facing trials and and celebrating triumphs together. Burdens are lighter when carried with another person, and joy is sweeter when shared with your special someone.

5. Experiencing new things together. Whether it be traveling, moving to a new place, going for a spontaneous adventure or just a new food trip... experiencing new things with hubby makes it even more fun and memorable.

6. Backscratches and body massages. That "TLC" is the missing ingredient when you go to a spa, hubby's free service is still the best!

7. Understanding each other with just one look. Through the years, you get to know the other person so well and even without words, you know already what runs through his head just by seeing the look on his face.

8. Quiet moments. There are times when just each other's presence is all that's needed, just holding each other's hand and being in each other's arms in all silence is enough.

9. Growing old together. Learning from each other, embracing what life has to offer. Life is just more colorful, more exciting and has more meaning when shared with the most important person in your life.

10. Walking together in faith with God. The key to any successful marriage is having God at the very center of your relationship. Through the past ten years, we've seen how God has given us strength in overcoming whatever challenges that came along and He has faithfully provided for all of our needs. The love that my husband and I have for each other streams from the love we have experienced from God himself.

There's a lot more I can write, but I guess I'll just reserve the others for our 25th...50th...__th. Thanks for the 10 great years, baby! I love you!

10 comments:

faye said...

hello mariz
CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR 10th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!!--
passing here my friend..

Leo Mar said...

Hello, Mariz... Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

DebbieDana said...

HI sis! Happy 10th wedding anniversary to you and your husband! WOW! 10 years already!!! That's already an achievement for both of you. May the great Lord bless your marriage and family more!!!

Kimmy said...

Mariz, Congrats! April 2009, will be my 18 year wedding anniversary. We have been together for 20 years. (We met at 16). I wish you anotehr happy healty, God Blessed life!

Bahay BJ said...

very inspiring! Happy 10th Year Anniversary to you and your husband!

esularte said...

I couldn't help but grow envious to see marriages that last like this long...esp. when with God as the center of the relationship. In this present time, not all marriages last.

congrats!till you two grow old, that's my wish!:)

Noemi "Mica" Watson said...

Hi Mariz, congratulations. May the Lord continue to shower his blessings for you and your husband.

joy said...

Congratulations on your 10th Wedding Anniversary!

Mariz said...

To Everyone: thank you very much for the greetings and for wishing us well. we really appreciate it guys! all the best to you too...

Gina said...

Hi Mariz!

Wow, a milestone!

Happy 10th to you and your hubby.

Here's to many more anniversaries, CHEERS!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2012 Mariz Ungson. All Rights Reserved.
All articles in this blog are original and personally written by the author, unless otherwise stated for certain posts. In such cases, credit will always be extended to other authors or websites being quoted or referenced hereto. If you like a particular article, photo or any other content here, and wish to quote or re-publish it, PLEASE leave a note in the comment box so I can promptly reply, due credit and a link back to my quoted article would of course be required and appreciated. Thanks!

Stay updated!

Stay updated!
CLICK ICON TO SUBSCRIBE VIA RSS FEED
Subscribe via E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner