Aging Gracefully

I was looking through the archives of one of my favorite daily devotional reads - Our Daily Bread, and I was encouraged and blessed by this very nice article about aging, I'd like to share it with you...

Many people try to reverse the aging process. Those with wrinkles get facelifts, while others have injections to remove unwanted facial lines. Behind this current trend is the notion that an aging face is unacceptable.

But not everyone feels that way. An elderly woman being interviewed on television was asked, "Do you like your face?" She responded with conviction, "I love my face! It's the face God gave me, and I accept it happily."

In Psalm 139, David expressed the conviction that his entire being was fashioned by God and therefore is worthy of acceptance. He prayed, "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made" (v.14). He also believed that God fashioned all the days of his life (v.16).

Instead of fighting a losing battle against our waning youthful appearance, we should concentrate on cultivating inner qualities that last forever.
One key attribute is a lifelong faith in God, who reassures His people: "Even to your old age, . . . and even to gray hairs I will carry you!" (Isaiah 46:4).


Myron Taylor wrote: "Time may wrinkle the skin, but worry, doubt, hate, and the loss of ideals wrinkle the soul." As we gracefully accept the passing of years, God will smooth out the wrinkles of our souls.

The wrinkles on a time-worn face Can be symbols of God's grace, If through our laughter and our tears His love has freed us from our fears.
—D. De Haan


When you let God's love fill your heart, it will show on your face.

— Joanie Yoder

Know that you are deeply loved by God, and you are a precious gem in His eyes...

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139:14


Smile and have a great day!

3 comments:

Pushhyarag said...

Mariz,

I came here to repeat my admiration for the layout, color, feel & content of your site. This post reinforces the true interpretation of God's love for his children. Wishing you will do more. Please keep link with my site for continued exchange.

My Walk With God said...

"Know that you are deeply loved by God, and you are a precious gem in His eyes..." (Awesome!!)

I have something for you lovely Mariz

http://graciousmoments.blogspot.com/2008/11/premio-dardos-award-from-sunny.html

Sue said...

Hi Mariz,
I came here to see your Skywatch picture, and enjoyed looking through your other posts. I am 56, and this one caught my eye to read more closely. I love it, and right away, thought the look of your blog is very attractive. Now, I need to go back to see your Skywatch picture. My Skywatch picture is on my gardening blog, but I also have a Christian blog.

Sue

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2012 Mariz Ungson. All Rights Reserved.
All articles in this blog are original and personally written by the author, unless otherwise stated for certain posts. In such cases, credit will always be extended to other authors or websites being quoted or referenced hereto. If you like a particular article, photo or any other content here, and wish to quote or re-publish it, PLEASE leave a note in the comment box so I can promptly reply, due credit and a link back to my quoted article would of course be required and appreciated. Thanks!

Stay updated!

Stay updated!
CLICK ICON TO SUBSCRIBE VIA RSS FEED
Subscribe via E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner