I've been searching at Google for some natural and home-made face masks I could try. Blemishes and pimple marks that darken have always been a perennial problem for me. I have a Chinese friend who once told me that I should avoid dark sauces like soy sauce, oyster sauce, worcestershire, etc. as these are believed to be the culprits for dark spots. Another friend told me that this problem is genes-related and impurities in the blood is the main cause for these skin imperfections. Frankly speaking, I really do not know if there is any reality to these "myths", what I do know is that maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle can help ward off this problem (I have to confess that I slip up on this at times and really need to be more disciplined!).
Anyways, going back to the face mask, I tried the Egg- Cucumber- Orange Juice combo earlier today. It was quite easy, here's how to do it:
1. Separate egg yolk from the white. You will only be using the egg white for this mask. Whisk the egg white until slightly frothy.
2. Get the juice from the cucumber (1/2 will do), what I do is I grate the cucumber and simply purge the juice, discard the pulp
3. Squeeze orange juice. The original mask recipe calls for lemon juice but this may be too strong for those who have dry skin, so you can use the gentler fresh orange juice instead as alternative. You'll need about 1Tbsp of orange juice.
4. Combine all three and whisk.
5. Spread over face (and neck if you like), and let it stay on for 15-20 minutes. Relax, lie down. You'll feel your skin tighten when the mask starts to dry.
6. Wash your face with warm water.
I have read that doing this once a week can help refresh and soften the skin, and more importantly clear blemishes (from the cucumber & orange juice's healing and whitening effect). The egg white helps in taking out the skin's impurities and helps in tightening the pores. I'll try to do this as regularly as I can, others swear by its effectiveness, hope it really works for me.