Balloon Fashion

I was supposed to write about this earlier, but forgot about it until I got reminded upon seeing this photo I took with my camera phone of this interesting fashion display in a mall recently.




These are the works of well known Slovenian designer - Nikolas Fric. The exhibition clothing and accessories he created were made entirely from balloons. It was reported that Nikolas has achieved international acclaim for his unique creations. He calls this fashion showcase as the "Nikoloon system" - creating stunning fashion from balloons. Nikolas has gained international acclaim for his work and has won awards all over the world, including three prizes at the industry event, Balloon Camp 2007. In 2006, his work was featured at the famous Toshi Halloween Party in New York City. In 2007, he was on of the foremost designers at one of China’s biggest festivals, Balloon Fashion in China.

Pretty amazing, huh? I just wonder if there is any person who would actually dare to wear them.

3 comments:

Pouty Lips said...

I actually see the artistic value as being more important than the practicality of the fashion. It is fascinating.

Jade said...

Wow this is so cool sis. I would wear them LOL if I were in a fashion show or a costume party maybe but not in real life ;)

goabeachresort said...

WOW you have a beautiful blog..

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2012 Mariz Ungson. All Rights Reserved.
All articles in this blog are original and personally written by the author, unless otherwise stated for certain posts. In such cases, credit will always be extended to other authors or websites being quoted or referenced hereto. If you like a particular article, photo or any other content here, and wish to quote or re-publish it, PLEASE leave a note in the comment box so I can promptly reply, due credit and a link back to my quoted article would of course be required and appreciated. Thanks!

Stay updated!

Stay updated!
CLICK ICON TO SUBSCRIBE VIA RSS FEED
Subscribe via E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner