2011 - A Year of Beginnings and Endings

A lot of good and sad things happened in my life this year. 

The happiest of which is that my husband and I embarked again on yet another exciting journey in life, as a new door of opportunity came along for to us to live and and work in Singapore this time. He's already there now and I will soon follow before the year ends. New place, new adventures, new friends and new experiences. There's a lot I can't wait to tell you about when I get there.  

The saddest... well, what could saddest and more painful than losing a loved one. My mom had a peaceful "coming home" to the Lord last Dec. 10, she died in her sleep. Though it was so hard to say goodbye, I am thankful that before she left, we were able to spend a lot of quality time together and I was able to personally take care of her when she got sick and had to go through dialysis. She was a great mother to us, I will miss her laughter, her smile, her embrace. Words are just not enough to contain how I feel as I am writing this, I just love her so much. She will be missed so badly by everyone who has been part of her life. I take comfort in knowing that she is in a better and happier place now. 

As I close this year, I honor my mom. Despite the sadness I feel when I think of her, still my heart wells up with thanks to God for giving me a mother like her. All the wonderful memories she left with us will live on in our hearts and will forever be cherished. We love you Nanay!    

     
Bonding moment with Mom during her last birthday in Tagaytay, October 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2012 Mariz Ungson. All Rights Reserved.
All articles in this blog are original and personally written by the author, unless otherwise stated for certain posts. In such cases, credit will always be extended to other authors or websites being quoted or referenced hereto. If you like a particular article, photo or any other content here, and wish to quote or re-publish it, PLEASE leave a note in the comment box so I can promptly reply, due credit and a link back to my quoted article would of course be required and appreciated. Thanks!

Stay updated!

Stay updated!
CLICK ICON TO SUBSCRIBE VIA RSS FEED
Subscribe via E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner